Dear foodies, welcome to our first blog post ever. We are super excited to WOW you with some cool information about Greek cuisine and traditions and following healthy lifestyle. So Go Greek or Go home!
We are sure you have heard many positive things about Greek cuisine, but here is our perspective on WHY GO GREEK:
- Our cuisine is filled with fruits, vegetables, dairy, beans and grains. Greek dishes boast grapes, figs, eggplant, zucchini, wild greens, vine tomatoes, olives… along with dairy such us feta cheese and strained Greek yogurt that’s high in protein but low in fat.
- Our main ingredient Olive oil is one of the “healthy” fats, meaning it’s a monounsaturated fat. It’s very good for your heart, weight loss and living a longer longer life. Olive oil also lowers your risk of high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol levels.
- Traditional Greek cooking is VERY natural, meaning we do the least possible with our fresh ingredients. We stay away from refined and processed foods. We keep the basic structure of food. We use olive oil, oregano, lemon and sea salt as the basis for our dishes.
- In Greek cuisine we serve everything family style. We have many plates on the tables and everyone picks a little bit of everything. This is what makes our dining experience different from any other!
- Are you a wine lover? Dionysus is the Greek God of wine and Greek cuisine has a long history. History tells us that in ancient times breakfast, lunch and dinner was always accompanied with bread & wine.
So come by Ammos and have some simply healthy delicious food and wine and celebrate the joy of life with us.